* The LSV Social Committee updated, on 10/23/16, their program of events (click on the LSV Social Events button). Besides our regular program of activities (Thursday Coffee Hour: Bridge, Mah Jongg, Canasta, Poker, Chair Yoga, Open Tennis, Watercolor Classes, Fantastic Fridays, Bingo, Blood Pressure Clinic) the December events include:
* Saturday December 3rd: Yankee Swap, Clubhouse 6 p.m.
* Thursday December 8th: LSV Movie Night (North by Northwest) Clubhouse 7 p.m.
* Sunday December 11th: Wine Appreciation/Tasting, Clubhouse 5 p.m.
* Tuesday December 13th: Computer Workshop, Clubhouse 10a.m.
* Wednesday December 14th: Social Committee, Clubhouse 11 a.m.
* Thursday December 15th: Travelogue (the Netherlands), Clubhouse 7p.m.
On November 24th a Thanksgiving Dinner was held at the Clubhouse for LSV residents, the event being hosted by Sylvia Paddock,Mary Nelson, Martha Taucher and Jeanette Rosen. A wonderful meal was enjoyed and shared by some 21 residents, with a magnificent single long table set-up (see the picture below).
* The Toys for Tots Collection began in the Clubhouse November 26th Chair(Martha Taucher)
* LSV President Michael Barbour asks unit owners to look at a table and diagram that
provides a guide to help identify Hazard Insurance coverage responsibilities for unit
- Following discussion at the April and May Board Meetings on Disaster Preparedness, a group of residents have followed up on replacing garage doors, regarded as a potential weak spot. This is an individual unit responsibility but by acting as a group, they hope to bring doors up to code at a discounted price. For further details click here.
- For the LSV May, April, September & October 2016 Newsletters click here. For the Jan. Feb and March 2016 Newsletters click here
- As reported by Stan Mitchell, a table of driveway evaluations and replacement rank order has been drawn up. Click here for an explanation and the table
DISASTER PREPAREDNESS: THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS HAVE PUBLISHED A PLAN (CLICK HERE) AND INSERTED IT IN THE MAY NEWSLETTER
We are continuing to update the LSV website; any suggestions would be gratefully received (email firstname.lastname@example.org). We removed Webpages for LSV Clubs no longer in operation.
- An LSV Forms page has been introduced so you can access forms both within and whilst away from LSV. A new form (previously only usually available in the Manual) for booking the Clubhouse for private parties has been included.
- The pages in the on-line Homeowners Manual, detailing Board member responsibilities, Committees and Membership, have been updated.
- The Rules & Regulations were updated in April 2016, the revised version being now on the website. New tennis rules were approved by the Board on May 17th 2016
- For the LSV Bylaws, as registered with the State of Florida, click here
- The LSV website hit counter on the left resets after 9999 visitors to the home page; so add 9999 to the counter to get the correct number. Since we started the website in 2009 we have had over 18,000 hits, an average of over 50 hits per week.